VMware Cloud Community
doski
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMA 5.0 Install Dell Open Manage

Dear all,

i'm trying to install OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip on my ESX with the vSphere Management Assistant and i have the following error :

vi-admin@localhost:~> esxcli --server ESX_IP software vib install -d OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.
Enter username: root
Enter password:
[MetadataDownloadError]
Could not download from depot at zip:/var/log/vmware/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip?index.xml, skippi index.xml from /var/log/vmware/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '
        url = zip:/var/log/vmware/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip?index.xml
Please refer to the log file for more details.

can someone help me ?

thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Try following the below steps .

1. Log on to the vMA with administrator rights and privileges.
2. Copy the OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip file to the /var/log/vmware folder on the ESXi5.0 server.
3. Shut down all guest operating systems on the ESXi host and run the ESXi host in maintenance mode.
4. In vMA, run the following command:
esxcli --server <IP Address of ESXi 5.0 host> software vib install -d /var/log/vmware/<DellOpenManage file>
5 Type the root user name and password of the ESXi host when prompted. The command output displays a successful update.
6 Restart the ESXi host system.

Ref (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/65_02/ESXi_ts/esxi5_ts.pdf)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Try following the below steps .

1. Log on to the vMA with administrator rights and privileges.
2. Copy the OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip file to the /var/log/vmware folder on the ESXi5.0 server.
3. Shut down all guest operating systems on the ESXi host and run the ESXi host in maintenance mode.
4. In vMA, run the following command:
esxcli --server <IP Address of ESXi 5.0 host> software vib install -d /var/log/vmware/<DellOpenManage file>
5 Type the root user name and password of the ESXi host when prompted. The command output displays a successful update.
6 Restart the ESXi host system.

Ref (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/65_02/ESXi_ts/esxi5_ts.pdf)

0 Kudos
doski
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's works !

thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos