VMware Cloud Community
wm408
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VDR iso image wont boot

Hello,

Vsphere 4.1.0

I am trying to build VDR from scratch, I had a few issues with a previous install.  I can't get the VMwareDataRecovery-1.2.1.1616-369570-i386

.iso to boot at all.

I verified that a different ISO image would boot, no problem.  But the VDR just... doesn't work.  I get kicked to the network boot agent / PXE after that.  I tried booting the ISO from a datastore and also from the client machine via the "connect CD/DVD" option.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of VDR to make sure I didn't have a corrupt ISO.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The installation ISO file is not bootable. It contains e.g. the OVF files for the appliance, ...

Either extract the files from the ISO image or attach it to a Windows VM's virtual CD-ROM drive to access the files.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The installation ISO file is not bootable. It contains e.g. the OVF files for the appliance, ...

Either extract the files from the ISO image or attach it to a Windows VM's virtual CD-ROM drive to access the files.

André

0 Kudos
kruddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yep, then import the OVF to get the appliance.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.
wm408
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok.  Thanks for the refresh.  I completely forgot after blazing through the documentation months ago.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos