VMware Cloud Community
soethiha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA Upgrade 6.7 to 7.0, using CD-ROM method

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

Hi All, is there a away to upgrade VCSA 7.0 from 6.7 using (Check CD-ROM) method? because my old VCSA 6.7 is running on VMware workstation due to some reason and different purpose. I face issue with "The patch is incompatible with the current vCenter version". I am understanding update and upgrade are different but please vMware developer may consider for this upgrade method too. Just I would request what is the Best Practices VCSA upgrade for my use case.

Thanks and Best Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sudeshnas
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi soethiha,

Welcome to vmware community.

Well upgrade of the vcsa from one major build/version to another cannot be performed from the VAMI(mounting the cd/dvd).

VAMI is used only for performing the patch updates of the respective version.

inorder to upgrade the vcsa from 6.7 to 7.0 you have to download the iso for 7.0 continue with the process which involves you to go through stage1 and stage2.

Regards,

Sudeshna Sarka

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is a complete vCenter upgrade guide that documents the things you need to be aware of before you attempt the upgrade.

It also outlines the requirements and methods. Please go through it before you attempt the upgrade.

Upgrading the vCenter Server Appliance

In your case below, you are using a specific patch version (it says fix in the type field instead of install) directly instead of the base 7.0 version. You will have to upgrade to base version then install the patch.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Upgrade & Install area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
sudeshnas
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi soethiha,

Welcome to vmware community.

Well upgrade of the vcsa from one major build/version to another cannot be performed from the VAMI(mounting the cd/dvd).

VAMI is used only for performing the patch updates of the respective version.

inorder to upgrade the vcsa from 6.7 to 7.0 you have to download the iso for 7.0 continue with the process which involves you to go through stage1 and stage2.

Regards,

Sudeshna Sarka

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"