VMware Cloud Community
jp3457
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.7 to 7 upgrade fails

Trying to upgrade from a VCSA 6.7 to 7.0.  I was able to deploy the new appliance via step 1.

At step 2 (Upgrade) I'm getting the following error:

"Certificate validation failed during pre-upgrade check"

I checked the KB VMware Knowledge Base but confused on where I'm supposed to run the commands listed here.

As far as I can tell though, my self-signed cert on the existing 6.7 appliance is still valid.

Is there a way to get around/fix this certificate error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The 6.7 appliance. You have to fix the cert issue before you attempt the migration again.

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Upgrade & Install area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As stated in the KB to which you linked, they need to be run on the appliance itself.

0 Kudos
jp3457
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

On which appliance, the existing 6.7 or the new 7.0?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The 6.7 appliance. You have to fix the cert issue before you attempt the migration again.

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos
jp3457
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That got it.  Thank you!!!

I wasn't sure where to run those commands and was a bit confused since the cert on the 6.7 VCSA wasn't expired.

I appreciate the assist.

0 Kudos