MariusRoma
Expert
Expert

VCSA 6.5, vsphere client and Active Directory

Jump to solution

I am planning to replace a vCenter 5.5 based on a Windows machine with a VCSA 6.5 VM.

Let me ask for two clarification:

• Can the VCSA 6.5 VM be member of an Active Directory domain? I would say "Yes", but I would like to get a confirmation from experts...
  • Can users access the VCSA based vCenter with the "good old" vSphere client, at least for basic tasks?

Regards

marius

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi ,

• Can the VCSA 6.5 VM be member of an Active Directory domain?   -  Yes you can configure VCSA in domain
  • Can users access the VCSA based vCenter with the "good old" vSphere client, at least for basic tasks?

You may go with vCenter 6.5 update1 to escape from bugs on the 6.5 version , there is no vSphere thick client option .

You can use either one to access vCenter

vSphere Web Client (Flash)

vSphere Client (HTML5) - partial functionality  - Supported Functionality in vSphere Client (HTML5)

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
  • Can the VCSA 6.5 VM be member of an Active Directory domain? I would say "Yes", but I would like to get a confirmation from experts...

Yes

No, not after Update 1.

RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi ,

• Can the VCSA 6.5 VM be member of an Active Directory domain?   -  Yes you can configure VCSA in domain

You may go with vCenter 6.5 update1 to escape from bugs on the 6.5 version , there is no vSphere thick client option .

You can use either one to access vCenter

vSphere Web Client (Flash)

vSphere Client (HTML5) - partial functionality  - Supported Functionality in vSphere Client (HTML5)

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!