VMware Cloud Community
OBITJarrod
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.5 to 6.7 Upgrade failing -

Hi All,

I am not that experienced in VMware but I am currently having an issue when attempting to upgrade my current VCSA 6.5 U2b (Build 8815520) to VCSA 6.7 Update 3 (Build 14367737).

Just got to the Pre-Upgrade checks on the new appliance when it fails with a Single Sign-On error and Points me to a KB 2121701.

The KB is for VCenter 6.0 and I have searched around and attempted to update the SSL Trust anchors but I feel like i am going around in circles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated to try and resolve otherwise I might jsut have to burn current VCSA and set this 6.7 as new.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This can be corrected by using the 'lsdoctor' Tool.

==> VMware Knowledge Base

In this case you will have to use "python lsdoctor.py -t"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey OBITJarrod​,

Basically the issue that you are experiencing is that the PSC Certificate or the vCenter one (Machine SSL) has not been updated correctly on the Lookup Service. That KB is applicable for vSphere 6.x. Only the first step before the resolution mentions vSphere 6.0.

I would suggest to go step by step on the KB reading carefully and in case doubts to raise a support ticket with VMware.

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Actually from HPE vSphere 6.7 is not supported for that blade.pastedImage_1.png

VMware from HPE Certification and Support | Hewlett Packard Enterprise

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Upgrade & Install area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This can be corrected by using the 'lsdoctor' Tool.

==> VMware Knowledge Base

In this case you will have to use "python lsdoctor.py -t"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos
OBITJarrod
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks heaps, that tool worked like a charm.

After running it the pre-upgrade checks passed and upgraded to 6.7

0 Kudos
infinicdl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where can I download lsdoctor

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

@infinicdl 
You can find the tool in the Attachments pane of the KB article that's mentioned in the solution.

André

0 Kudos