VMware Cloud Community
HasanAliyev
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.0.0 migration to VCSA 6.5 - error Migration Assistant is not running on Update Manager host machine.

Hi. I want to upgrade VCSA 6.0.0 tu VCSA 6.5. I have done all with documentation, In stage 2 pre-upgrade check gives me error Migration Assistant is not running on Update Manager host machine.

Resolution

Update Manager installed on 192.168.10.30 will be upgraded as part of the vCenter Server upgrade process and will be migrated on the new vCenter Server Appliance. Run Migration Assistant on Update Manager host machine 192.168.10.30, and keep the Migration Assistant window open until the (vCenter Server) migration process completes.

Update manager runs on Windows Server 2012 r2., Migration Service also runs,

Standart Switch created

turned off firewall

all machines can ping each other.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtualDD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Hassan,

It's not really clear to me what your question is. Did you run the migration assistant on the Update Manager machine and left it open while doing it on the vCenter server system?

So are you basically saying that you did what the "resolution" proposed and still get this error message?

0 Kudos
Marcelvv
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same error...

Made a VM support case, waiting for a solution.

Migration-assistant is running, migration-assistent.png

But still the same error as HasanAliyev is experiencing.

+++++

Update

+++++

To resolve this issue, make sure that the Migration Assistant is running on the source VMware Update Manager machine and run the upgrade again.

For GUI upgrade, you must run the Migration Assistant manually. See Download and Run VMware Migration Assistant on the Source Update Manager Machine.

If you are not using Update Manger but Update Manager extension com.vmware.vcIntegrity is registered inside vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 mob follow KB 1025360 in order to remove the extension from the mob and run the installer again.

This worked for me!

0 Kudos