VMware Cloud Community
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

V Center Error

Dear All,

I have installed two hosts on two different machines below are the details.

HOST 1 DETAILS

1)  ESXi5.0

HOST 2 DETAILS

1) ESXi5.0

I have installed Vcenter 4.1 on another machine which has Windows 2003 enterprise Edition Now while connecting above hosts i am getting attached error.

Thaks

Adeel Imtiaz

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kasraeian
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Dear Adeel,

AFAIK, you should use "VMware vCenter 5.0" to manage "VMware ESXi 5.0", based on their version and compatibility as you can see in the attached image or using this link.

As it's shown in the attached image:

1. "VMware vCenter 5.0" can manage hosts with same or earlier version (VMware ESXi 5.0, VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x and 3.5)

2. "VMware vCenter 4.x" can manage hosts with same or earlier version than itself (VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x and 3.5) but not "VMware ESXi 5.0" hosts.

Hope you find it useful.

If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" If there's any mistake in my notes, please correct me! Sohrab Kasraeianfard | http://www.kasraeian.com | @Kasraeian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kasraeian
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Dear Adeel,

AFAIK, you should use "VMware vCenter 5.0" to manage "VMware ESXi 5.0", based on their version and compatibility as you can see in the attached image or using this link.

As it's shown in the attached image:

1. "VMware vCenter 5.0" can manage hosts with same or earlier version (VMware ESXi 5.0, VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x and 3.5)

2. "VMware vCenter 4.x" can manage hosts with same or earlier version than itself (VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x and 3.5) but not "VMware ESXi 5.0" hosts.

Hope you find it useful.

If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" If there's any mistake in my notes, please correct me! Sohrab Kasraeianfard | http://www.kasraeian.com | @Kasraeian
0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

Hi,

Kasraeian already answered to your Query.

Always use higher version to manage the same or bit old version (Vcenter 5 supports ESX5i, ESX4.1/ 4 & 3.5 U5)

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you nava_thulasi39 yes Mr.Kasraeian has replied.

Can you please confirm one more thing.

If we do not update Host Server or Network thing on version 4 center (on client side) and only update vSphere vCenter Server to version 5.0 can we access Vsphere5 through our old version of webclient v 4.1

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
rajvm256
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When you try to access the vcenter 5.0, it will prompt you to download the 5.0 webclient ..

Thanks | http://virtualvm.info/
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

no it prompt me "Permission to perform this operation was denied"

But i think it is problem of Roles assign.

Use of one doesn't preclude use of the other, but to manage access properly perhaps consider the following course of action:

1.  Create a new role for each group of users;

2.  Create a group for each role;

3.  Assign each group to its respective role; &

4.  Add approporiate users to each group.

What do you think ?

0 Kudos