VMware Cloud Community
imompero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgrading to vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 fails: Source vCenter Server schema validation found an issue

So everything was going fine, i am upgrading from vcenter 6.0 windows embedded to vcenter 6.5 appliance w/external psc.  I am at the point where I run the migration assistant on the vcenter and now I am failing the precheck.  I have extra tables or columns, but I dont' know the exact sql query to run.  I will post the whole file, but I will post what I think is the most relevant part of the vcdb_req.err log

1 [42000](50000) [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]ERROR ! Extra tables or columns: VPX_BULLETIN_OPERATION.OPERATION_DESC; VPX_BULLETIN_OPERATION.OPERATION_ID; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_FT_NETWORK; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_FT_STORAGE; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_NETWORK; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_STORAGE; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE_DAS_VM.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_FT_NETWORK; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE_DAS_VM.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_FT_STORAGE; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE_DAS_VM.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_NETWORK; VPX_COMPUTE_RESOURCE_DAS_VM.VM_COMPONENT_PROT_STORAGE; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.ACTION; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DEST_END_PORT_ID; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DEST_IP_ADDRESS; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DEST_IP_COMPARATOR; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DEST_IP_PREFIX_LENGTH; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DEST_PORT_COMPARATOR; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DEST_START_PORT_ID; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.DVS_ID; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.RULE_TYPE; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.SEQUENCE; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_RULES.SOURCE_END_PORT_ID; VPX_DVS_IP_ACL_R

ERROR: Cannot execute statement(rc=-1).

BEGIN

DECLARE @err_msg VARCHAR(2000)

DECLARE @err_msg_full VARCHAR(4000)

DECLARE @verid INT

Any help in this is much appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tech0Addict
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

This was fix in 6.5.x

which version of vcsa are you trying ?

did you check this KB: ?

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2113439

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

0 Kudos
imompero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am trying the latest, i downloaded VMware-VCSA-all-6.5.0-6816762.iso, the upgrade of the external psc went fine.

I did already consult that article but unfortunately at the bottom it is referencing different tables and column from what I have in my error log.

0 Kudos
Tech0Addict
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So replace the name of the tables with your own names from the error log..

this is the solution for your problem.

you just need to delete the extra tables from your SQL DB and that's it.

0 Kudos
imompero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes....I know that, but what I don't know is the exact commands to run for this sql query.  They don't translate very well compared to that article as it is referring to missing constraints.  Maybe it does to someone more verse in databases, but it doesn't for me.

0 Kudos