VMware Cloud Community
pradees
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrading from 6.7 to 7.0 on HPE custom image

Hi when I try to upgrade I get this error. Is this issue will be fixed once HPE updates the custom image. Appreciate any advise/help 

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

I really hope that HPE is able to fix this issue in an upcoming customized build. Currently they only support fresh installations with their image.

If you do have a support contract with HPE, you may open a support case with them, and ask for an ETA.

André

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

I really hope that HPE is able to fix this issue in an upcoming customized build. Currently they only support fresh installations with their image.

If you do have a support contract with HPE, you may open a support case with them, and ask for an ETA.

André

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you sure previous 6.7 installation was from HPE image ?

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
pradees
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Rajeev yes positive i'm a full HPE house Smiley Happy. I have a 2 server test lab tried to upgrade it failed so did a fresh install using same custom HPE image. Not in a rush to go 7 so i can wait till HPE updates the image. Have flushed all servers with latest HPE SPP so just waiting to upgrade to 7 when ready. ESX host configuration backup from 6.7 to 7.0 not supported so HPE have to fix this issue as it's not ideal for me to do fresh install.

Cheers

/R

0 Kudos