VMware Cloud Community
mikkergp
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade vSphere 5.1 to 5.5 SSO Install error 1603, FQDNIP is correct

I am having the problem similar to the following KB Article:

VMware KB: Upgrade from vSphere 5.1 to vSphere 5.5 rolls back after importing Lookup Service data

However, I followed the instructions in the KB Article, and when I compared the DNS Name= entry in the cert, with the registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware Infrastructure\SSOServer\FQDNIP

I found them to be the same.

here is my version of the relevant parts of the log file, looking identical to the KB article:  Anyone have a similar experience?

MSI (s) (F8:38) [10:28:02:759]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=DoUpdateAndMigrateTasks,ActionType=11265,Source=BinaryData,Target=**********,CustomActionData=**********)

MSI (s) (F8:E8) [10:28:02:763]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI3F9F.tmp, Entrypoint: VmSetupDoUpdateAndMigrateTasks

Action 10:28:02: PostInstallScripts. Importing data from previous version...

Action 10:28:05: PostInstallScripts. Importing data from previous version...

Action 10:28:19: PostInstallScripts. Importing Lookupservice data...

CustomAction DoUpdateAndMigrateTasks returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Action ended 10:28:22: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

MSI (s) (F8:38) [10:28:22:731]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

MSI (s) (F8:38) [10:28:22:731]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you please share the vminst in %temp% (if you get redirected to a numbered subfolder go to the temp folder directly).

You are failing during the import of the lookupservice data, usually the installer should be already beyond the point where it checks the certificate names. But to make sure where exactly it is failing we would need the vminst.log indicating the concrete action it is doing.

0 Kudos
nkrishnan
Expert
Expert

Can you please post the screenshot to understand in which screen this error popped out.

- Make sure no IP conflict and DNS is able to resolve both Forward and reverse lookup

- Make sure your password is correct -Nithin

Message was edited by: Nithin Krishnan

--Nithin
0 Kudos
Duco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi mikkergp

Running in to the same issue, did you ever resolve this, and if so, could you share how you did it?

Regards

Duco

0 Kudos