VMware Cloud Community
andong
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade vCenter from 7.01 to 7.0.2 and hung up at 92% converting data as part of post install.....

Hello Folks,

Today I am working on vCenter appliance upgrade using online tool, everything run smoothly but it hung up at 92% "converting data as part of post of install" for hours. 

I had tried to login to vCenter, it appears with new GUI and everything seems working fine. The vCenter version is also indicating 7.0.2. 

so I am not so sure if the upgrade is successful? Should I simply close of the upgrade page? Any potential issue or impact for ongoing operation?

Highly appreciate for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andong
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

well, the problem seems a fake problem which confused me for quite a while.

I reopen a management console, after logging, the system prompted a message to indicate "the upgrade is completed 100%". The old management console page is still stuck at the same page for installation in progress 92%.

My best guess is the old management page didn't get updated after certain service restarted or updated, you'll have to re-login to get the latest status. Feels like a bug during the upgrade process, but good to know the upgrade is actually done so I don't have to worry about the stability of the system.

thanks and hopefully this is helpful if anyone gets the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
andong
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

well, the problem seems a fake problem which confused me for quite a while.

I reopen a management console, after logging, the system prompted a message to indicate "the upgrade is completed 100%". The old management console page is still stuck at the same page for installation in progress 92%.

My best guess is the old management page didn't get updated after certain service restarted or updated, you'll have to re-login to get the latest status. Feels like a bug during the upgrade process, but good to know the upgrade is actually done so I don't have to worry about the stability of the system.

thanks and hopefully this is helpful if anyone gets the same problem.

0 Kudos