VMware Cloud Community
GAPCABIV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgrade vCenter from 5.1 to Update 1b (vCenter DB Mirrored & SSL Cert questions)

Hi,

vCenter is currently 5.1.0a and I will be upgrading to 5.1 Update 1b.  2 Questions if I may:

The vCenter DB is part of a SQL mirrored setup.  Prior to upgrading is it recommended that I break that mirror and then re-establish when I am done, or should that not make any difference?

Is the built in SSL certificate changed during the upgrade from 5.1.0a to 5.1 Update 1b?  We do not use our own but this is for a Citrix XenDesktop VDI environment where the current SSL certs have been exported from vCenter and imported to the DDC servers and I would like to know if I will have to do that again or if the same SSL cert will be used after the upgrade.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OscarDavey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You ought to be able to reconnect your upgraded vCenter instance to the existing SQL database.  I would backup up the Certs as a matter of course, but the certificates ought to remain after the upgrade is applied.

0 Kudos
Amanda63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

I don't think you need to reconfigure certificate but if it worn t works then need to configure certificate.

If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.
0 Kudos