VMware Cloud Community
Ita613
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade from Vsphere Enterprise to Enterprise plus

Quick Q

is the process of upgrading Vsphere eneterprise to Enterprise plus is the same process of upgrading from ESX 3.5 to Vsphere Enterprise? or the process should be more easy by just unloucking the fea features to be able to have all plus capabilities? - just wonder, as i am in a process of preparing my ESX 3.5 U4 environment for upgrading to Vsphere (i have free upgrade for enterprise) and just wonder if i can upgrade now to enterprise and later when buying the license for plus it will be an easy process and not the same as from ESX 3.5 to Vsphere ?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the upgrade process is simply getting the proper license keys, which will unlock the Enterprise Plus features.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the upgrade process is simply getting the proper license keys, which will unlock the Enterprise Plus features.

0 Kudos
Ita613
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ita613
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks again.

so in my situation can i perform an upgrade directly to plus and use the keys i have for entreprise, and when buying the licenses for plus just unlock them? or do i have to download the upgrade for enterprise and not for plus?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have enterprise licensing already, it's a free upgrade to vSphere4 Enterprise. If you want to go to Enterprise Plus, you would have to purchase it.

Your licensing portal should have all the enterprise keys available for you.

Here's something worth hanging onto

http://blogs.vmware.com/kb/2009/07/got-vmware-licensing-questions.html

byoung111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ita613 wrote:

thanks again.

so in my situation can i perform an upgrade directly to plus and use the keys i have for entreprise, and when buying the licenses for plus just unlock them? or do i have to download the upgrade for enterprise and not for plus?

There are not different installer versions for Standard, Enterprise, or Enterprise Plus. It's the same software. The keys just unlock the features. So yes if you downloaded the Enterprise Plus, you can use your Enterprise keys.