VMware Cloud Community
lvln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade VDP 6.1.0.173 to 6.1.3

Hello,

I've some question about the upgrade of the VDP appliance.

First I've done the mistake to upgrade theVCSA first to 6.5 and now I don't the possibility to acces my vdp true the VDR selection menu in the vsphere web client.

So I wanted to upgrade anyway to the last version of VDP :

- I've loaded the iso in the VDP

- I've checked the the iso is mounted (ssh and mount : /dev/sr0 on /mnt/auto/cdrom  and something in it  : vSphereDataProtection-6.1.3.avp version.properties )

But when I go to the https://vdp_url:8543/vdp-configure/ in the upgrade section there is no iso detected

Any advice ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Picklesworth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There actually two VDP iso out there. ones the full install and the other is an upgrade iso. Did you download the right one?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Picklesworth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There actually two VDP iso out there. ones the full install and the other is an upgrade iso. Did you download the right one?

0 Kudos
lvln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you my bad.

0 Kudos
jkoebrunner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same problem... I have doenloaded the Upgrade ISO with the .avp file on it, it is mounted but not recognized.

Can you tell me how you have solved this issue?

Johannes Köbrunner IT Solutions Architect Virtualization, Network and Storage Systems Frequentis AG VTSP, VCP, VCAP-DCD
0 Kudos
Dwalvi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!

I ran into the same issue yesterday, and I found an extra patch at the 6.1.1 download page. You will need to apply this patch to the vdp 6.1 vm and then it will work.

Andras

0 Kudos
tschillo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Andreas,

works for me.

Thanks!

Thomas

0 Kudos