VMware Cloud Community
pencer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update IPMI or ILO information used by DPM

I've got two datacentres, each has its own VirtualCentre server and cluster, all hosts are on esx4.1u1, vCenter servers are 4.1.

Both sites have all HP servers with ILO configured and working.

On one site I can use the vSphere client to go to Configuration - Power Management - Properties and add the username, password, bmc ip and mac address. I can also use a powershell script to do this as part of my build. This has worked fine on at least 20 servers.

On my other site when I try and add the details through the client or powershell I get the error "a specified parameter was not correct".

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasMc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just done this to clear the error;

Migrate vCenter to another host and try updating the settings again, it will come back so not sure whats causing it.

Thomas McConnell vPadawan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasMc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Does it work if you;

Reboot the host and then enter maintenance mode?

0 Kudos
pencer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No, I've left the new host in maintenance mode. just tried a reboot and it still gives me the same error.

I've just noticed that I can't enter ilo information on any of the hosts on this same vCenter server/Cluster.

If I try and do it via powershell I got this response:

Exception calling "UpdateIpmi" with "1" argument(s): "A specified parameter was not correct.

"

At C:\Documents and Settings\<SNIP>:81 char:24

+             $hostView.UpdateIpmi <<<< ($ipmiInfo)

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException

As far as I can see it's set up the same as my other site/cluster, and it all works fine on that one?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
ThomasMc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just done this to clear the error;

Migrate vCenter to another host and try updating the settings again, it will come back so not sure whats causing it.

0 Kudos
pencer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wow, that was easy. Can't believe I didn't think of migrating the vCentre server myself.

Oh well, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos