VMware Cloud Community
Mancio82
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to uninstall vSphere Web Client 5.5

Hello everybody,

My name's Daniele and I'm new to vmware forum.

I write because I've recently deployed vCSA 5.5 and than vSphere web client with integration plugin.

After several problems with AD, I've re-deployed vCSA 5.5 with different domain, IP and DNS; So, I can't logon successfully to vSphere web client and if I try to uninstall it, this error occur:

"Unable to contact Lookup Service. Check vm_ssoreg.log in the system temporary folder for more details. Search th vmware Knowledge Base (http://kb.vmware.com) for "Error 29102" for more information."

So, on vm_ssoreg.log, i've found old FQDN and than, my client can't contact SSO server.

All services in vCSA 5.5 are up and running and all works fine.

How can I solve this issue about web client?

Thank You very much

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

>>> ... I've recently deployed vCSA 5.5 and than vSphere web client ...

where did you install the Web Client, and why? The vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA) already has the Web Client (which is actually the server part) built-in, and there's no need to install anything - except for the plugins - on the machine you use to access the vCSA via a web browser.

André

0 Kudos
Mancio82
Contributor
Contributor

I've installed vsphere web client from the same vSphere 5.5 suite used to deploy vCenter server.

vCSA is deployed and joined to AD without problems, than I've added my domain and my domain group on SSO indentity source and groups. I can logon in vCSA with my domain account, but I get error listed in the message above. Why? There's a problem with SSO or with certificates?

So, I would uninstall web client and other any vmware plugins to try to login again with my domain user, but I can't uninstall it from my laptop.

I hope to explain my issue in simple manner, thank you very much for support.

Regards

0 Kudos
khanduala
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Still unclear about your steps.

If you deploy vCSA 5.5, it installs web client along with it, no need to separately install it.

Have you installed windows vCenter Server or Appliance version ?

Also try to restart SSO service and then uninstall. Even for un-installation of web client it should reach lookupservice.

0 Kudos
Sgt_D
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same error, but perhaps for a different reason.

It sounds like you're trying to install a second vCenter server in the same SSO domain.

When installing Web Client on the second server, be sure that the box for "Lookup Service URL" is correct.  It defaults to the server you're installing on, instead of the primary SSO server.

0 Kudos