VMware Cloud Community
jreedholm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to run Vapp on Windows 7

I've recently downloaded and installed ESXi 5.5 onto a dell server for evaluation and would like to start managing it.  Thus, I downloaded the vSphere Open management file and cannot run it.

Anyway, when I try to run it in VMware VMplayer, I get the following errors (did click Retry after first error):

ovaload.pngovarunerr1.pngovarunerr2.png

Thus, any instructions on how to use this file on Windows 7 would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jreedholm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vsphere client was correct solution - given issues raised in other forums about vShere client ESXi 5.5 limitations - I instead loaded ESXi 5.1 onto the server.  It still wouldn't respond to http: requests - but telnet confirmed connection.  Then found Vsphere client download and installed it and connected successfully.  Also found 5.5 client, but decided not to risk upgrading at this point.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You need the vSphere Client, not vCenter Operations....

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
jreedholm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But the Vsphere Client doesn't appear with ESXi 5.5 - when put in Http://x.x.x.x for my IP just get page cannot load.  Read on these forums that with 5.5 client no longer supported and must have Vcenter.  Do I need to create Linux VM to run Vcenter?

0 Kudos
jreedholm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vsphere client was correct solution - given issues raised in other forums about vShere client ESXi 5.5 limitations - I instead loaded ESXi 5.1 onto the server.  It still wouldn't respond to http: requests - but telnet confirmed connection.  Then found Vsphere client download and installed it and connected successfully.  Also found 5.5 client, but decided not to risk upgrading at this point.

0 Kudos