VMware Cloud Community
roity57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to connect Floppy or CD/DVD/ISO on upgraded client

Hello!

After I installed vSphere Client 4.1.0 as part of our upgarde to 4.1 I've now noticed I can no longer connect Floppy or CD images etc. using the Infrastructure Client back to our existing systems. These functions work fine against a 4.1i host but even when the client reverts back to version 2.5.0 of the VI Client connecting to our existing 2.5 server managing our 3.5 infrastructure it simply does not connect the images.

No error messages either. Just thought people might want to know about this, seems to be a bug. I did a search and didn't find any info, but no doubt there may already be something out there about it.

Cheers,

Dave

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mbx369
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

Have u tried removing the VIClient completely and use the vSphere Client to connect to your 3.5 infra?

Any error messages when you tried to connect the floppy/CD?

Please awards points if this was useful. Smiley Happy

~~~~~ To Live Is To Die ~~~~~

VCP3&4

Please awards points if this was useful. :) ~~~~~ To Live Is To Die ~~~~~ VCP3/4/5
roity57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I uninstalled all versions of the vmware client. I then installed 4.1 and connected to the 2.5 VC server. This then prompted to install more components required to manage 2.5 server which I did.

Everything worked ok as expected after this with regards to attaching virtual media to guests.

It seems that installing the 4.1 client over an existing 2.5 install does not mesh together properly.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos