VMware Cloud Community
niiic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to access into vSphere Web Client after completion of stage 2 installation of the vCenter Server Applicance

Hi,

I have just completed my installation from the vCenter Applicance installer, i manage to complete the installation at stage 2 and receive a link for the "Appliance Getting started Page". However when i click on the link, it says that the site can't be reached, server IP address could not be found.

I need help with this issue, or is there anything that i need to do.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then, as they say in Monopoly, "do not pass go; do not collect $200." You need internal DNS server with pre-created forward and reverse records in order to install vCenter Server. So if you don't have that, there's your problem and also first task you must complete.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You've removed the URL so we can't tell if that's set up correctly. Do you have DNS records (forward AND reverse) set up for this host in your local DNS server?

0 Kudos
niiic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi daphnissov,

Sorry i am new to this, I am not sure how to check the DNS records but i do have a primary DNS server and a Alternate DNS server.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Let's start here:  Do you have an internal DNS server? By that, I mean one within the confines of your LAN and not something like your ISP's DNS or Google's public DNS servers.

0 Kudos
niiic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No I do not have an internal DNS server

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then, as they say in Monopoly, "do not pass go; do not collect $200." You need internal DNS server with pre-created forward and reverse records in order to install vCenter Server. So if you don't have that, there's your problem and also first task you must complete.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos
niiic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ohh, i see, thanks for your help. i will try to set up the internal dns server first

0 Kudos