VMware Cloud Community
novakk_AH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UPGRADE 3.5 to vSphere 4 --- error:The "/" partition needs to be at least 3040 MB

Hello,

I use VMware vSphere Host Update Utility with ISO esx-DVD-4.0.0-164009.iso all is OK ,but when restart ESX 3.5 and upgrading vSphere 4 process Loading modules

at about 60% finish upgrade with error

Karel Novak VMware vExpert 2012-2015 VCI-Level2,VCP5,VCAP5-DCA Veeam Certified Trainer Twitter: novakkkarel Skype: novakkkarel Blog: www.vmware-veeam.cz Mob: +420723672524
0 Kudos
6 Replies
novakk_AH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem solved ...

Everything was in Host client update ... after installing latest version everything is working correctly

Karel Novak VMware vExpert 2012-2015 VCI-Level2,VCP5,VCAP5-DCA Veeam Certified Trainer Twitter: novakkkarel Skype: novakkkarel Blog: www.vmware-veeam.cz Mob: +420723672524
0 Kudos
BarryCoombs
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same problem can you expand more on what you did to resolve this?

www.virtualisedreality.com | www.twitter.com/virtualisedreal

0 Kudos
novakk_AH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

It helped me and I solved the problem, download and install

the latest version of VMware vSphere Client and especially its

components vSphere Host Update Utility 4.0

Procedure:

1.Download latest version

2.Uninstall old versions including Update Utility 4.0 (Note do upgrade

sure to uninstall through add remove programs on a client and Update

Utility)

3.Install downloaded versions including Update Utility

0 Kudos
novakk_AH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

It helped me and I solved the problem, download and install the latest version of VMware vSphere Client and especially its components vSphere Host Update Utility 4.0

Procedure:

1.Download latest version

2.Uninstall old versions including Update Utility 4.0 (Note do upgrade sure to uninstall through add remove programs on a client and Update Utility)

3.Install downloaded versions including Update Utility

0 Kudos
BarryCoombs
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers dude fixed my problem too, if you reply to my post I can award you points if you wish.

Barry

0 Kudos
novakk_AH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It`s OK

Thank you

0 Kudos