VMware Cloud Community
iPhrankie
Contributor
Contributor

Trial Downloads vs. Production Downloads

We purchased vSphere and the license keys have been added to my account. However, on most things I click on I get the error "Unable to Complete Request" or "Unable to Process Request". Unfortunatley, I also get this error when I try to download anything.

I have an old account I'm able to log into. It allows me to download the trial of ESXi 5.1.

Is there any difference in the trial download vs. downloading it from my account that has all the license keys and registrations?

I planned on working this weekend on our new servers. I don't want to install "trial software" and find out I have to remove it all and reinstall the real thing. Is this actually the case or is the software controlled by the licenses keys after installation?

Hopefully my question makes sense. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KamilAzmer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are no different between production/trial download. Once you key-in your keys in Trial Download then you able to get based on your license.

Hope it's help!

@ -- visit my blog at http://www.azmer.my -- @ virtue your mind @ KamilAzmer
prashanthbgoud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good thing in vmware is trial versions are for 60 days and you can use the fullfledged features in the trail period.

once you punch in the licence key, you can use it as the licenced product. No differences in the trail or licenced downloads.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful" Best Regards, Prashanth
0 Kudos