VMware Cloud Community
roconnor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The query execution timed out because of a back-end property provider 'com.vmware.vsphere.client.storage.impl.StoragePropertyProvider' which took more than 120 seconds.

Unable to present LUNs to vSphere, timeout on new datastore Name and device selection

This error is addressed in kb 2146229 but the workaround doesn’t apply for 6.5.0, in my case I’m on 6.5 U1 Build 5973321

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146229

The path to query-server-config.xml is no longer /usr/lib/vmware-invsvc/lib/server/config/

When I finally found query-server-config.xml the <property name="xdbMemPercentage" value="<I>XX" /> is no longer in there.

As this was a timeout issue, and in my case I was presenting 12 LUNs with x8 paths, I asked the storage team to just present 4 LUNs at a time and this worked.

However I just found that there appears to be an option to set this from vSphere Client.

Right click on the vCenter Server (top of the Navigator pane) > Configuration > General – Timeout Setting

vcsa-6-5-settings.JPG

I cannot test this in my current environment, if someone is able to fix this issue through increasing the timeout in the web client please reply and let the community know.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think the query-server-config.xml changes file timeout value is for the inventory service in 6.0 however the 6.5 it is not so cannot find the file.

The vcenter general setting timeout is for the vcenter operations and afaik it should not impact the issue hitting for the storagepropertyprovider..

VMware vSphere 5.1

Have you tried the html5 webclient for 6.5 to see if you are seeing same issue.

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
Gino_Thomas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issues on 6.5 and kb article workaround doesn't work.

root@obcc-vcenter [ ~ ]# cd /usr/lib/vmware-invsvc/lib/server/config/

bash: cd: /usr/lib/vmware-invsvc/lib/server/config/: No such file or directory

Did anyone manage to find an alternative resolution?

0 Kudos