VMware Cloud Community
vm-au-user
Contributor
Contributor

Template not working since VCenter upgrade

We have recently upgraded to VCenter and have so far upgraded 1 host to ESXI4. The rest of the Environment is still on ESXI3.5.

Recently we tried to deploy a Win2k3 Virtual Machine from our existing template, although the process runs to completion it doesn't appear the that Sysprep information was applied.

I've check the path, Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\sysprep and found all the sysprep files are still there.

Since the upgrade it appeas that template are no longer working. Can someone suggest what options I can try?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you checked out logfile, if you found any errors?

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
bluebull2rhyme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the template lying in ESX 4? ..if so before deploying Virtual machine from it.Power ON the template by converting to a VM and update vmware tools,VM hardware and see if it works now.

If you find this useful,award me Helpful or Correct answer

If you find this useful,award me Helpful or Correct answer
0 Kudos
vm-au-user
Contributor
Contributor

The template is on a ESXI3.5 host (one that has not been updated yet) I deployed the template to the newly upgraded ESXI4.

I will try to deploy the template again to a ESXi3.5 host to narrow down the issue further. What logs are you referring to? The 'events' for the particular host or should i be looking somewhere else?

0 Kudos
vm-au-user
Contributor
Contributor

Looking into this further is appears the template is working, however you need to log onto the machine first. Then the sysprep scripts run and the system reboots and the changes have been applied

I don't recall having to do this step before...however the process does work.

0 Kudos