VMware Cloud Community
Tsjo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Session with Update Manager (5.5.0.19906) is no longer valid and a VMWare cert.

Hi,

just did a upgrade to 5.5 including generating CA signed crts and all that.

No issues with any other services, but since the client is still required for anything useful related to host upgrading the VUM plugin need to be installed.

Sorry for the image overload, but what the VUM plugin basically did was to replace our CA signed cert with some standard VMWare one, generating a security warning.

Besides that, the Update Manager has begun to randomly crash with a error message saying that the session is no longer valid.

Installing our CA signed crt with a unique SDN again fixed the security warning, but not the "invalid sessions".

Reinstalling the VUM doesn't help, and there is no antivirus application running.

VMware vSphere Update Manager Extension VMware, Inc. 5.5.0.19906 Disabled VMware vSphere Update Manager extension Plug-in is unavailable for the following server(s) :- SERVERNAME

vum.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
3 Replies
comr
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem too and no antivirus software installed. My SO is Windows Server 2012 R2.

0 Kudos
Tris3ct
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here as well, also on a Server Standard 2012 R2, VUM randomly crashing out, no AV installed

0 Kudos
fgl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone ever figure out the cause and what was the solution if any?  Out of the blue 2 weeks ago I started to get these on all of my 3 vCenter servers and nothing has changed on them and no anti-virus software and they are all Windows 2012 R2.

0 Kudos