VMware Cloud Community
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Separate 5.5 Environment with 5.1...

We have a 5.1 environment we are planning on upgrading sooner to 5.5.
We also have a new location coming online in the coming months which will need to be built.

If I were to build this new location starting at 5.5 how would that work with SSO? I set up our 5.1 install as the primary node. Would I be able to install 5.5 on the other server with "SSO for an additional vcenter server with a new site" and have it communicate with the 5.1 primary?

Is this not a recommended configuration? And if not, does it help that the 5.1 install will eventually be a matching 5.5 install?

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks for any insight into this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can install 5.5 on the new site.. but the communication part with 5.1 SSO will not work.. Better option would be to upgrade both sites to 5.5 or keep both at 5.1 for now.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can install 5.5 on the new site.. but the communication part with 5.1 SSO will not work.. Better option would be to upgrade both sites to 5.5 or keep both at 5.1 for now.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
iamsiju
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No. you can't use this 5.1 SSO node into a multi-site configuration for the new  5.5 SSO. You have to upgrade this node to 5.5  and add new SSO in a different site. Hope this clears.

**if you found this or any other answer useful, please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers**