VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert

SSO system-domain vs. vsphere.local

I was wondering if anyone knew has noticed this also?  When upgrading our development environment that is running 5.1 Update 1, I noticed during the SSO upgrade that 5.5 has changed to administrator@vsphere.local from the previous admin@system-domain.  Does anyone know if it has any impact or know why it was changed?  Apologies if this is a duplicate post, I could not find anything on the topic.

2 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert

The implementations of SSO in 5.1 and 5.5 are totally different.. vmware did a major rehaul to the 5.1 version as it was less than perfect.. the one in 5.5 is much better in terms of architecture and stability.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
rh5592
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No impact as far as the upgrade goes. You can still use admin@system-domain to login to a sphere 5.5 environment coz an alias is created to map it to administrator@vsphere.local

Regards. ================================================= "If found useful, kindly mark answers Correct or Helpful " http://rh5592.com =================================================