VMware Cloud Community
bbb123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SQL Database Migration Problem!

Hi,

I'm migrating the SQL 2012 Database for vcenter 5.5.  It's worked fine but I cannot create the Roll-up jobs on the new SQL server because the vCenter database uses the custom schema "VMW", the rollup job scripts fail to run because they are written for the default dbo schema.

I cannot find out how to change them all to operate with the custom schema.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello, you can update the sql scripts used to create the roll-up jobs, see this kb article VMware KB: Updating rollup jobs after the error: Performance data is currently not available for thi...- you can see the location of the sql jobs based on your OS, edit and update them accordingly to recreate them

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello, you can update the sql scripts used to create the roll-up jobs, see this kb article VMware KB: Updating rollup jobs after the error: Performance data is currently not available for thi...- you can see the location of the sql jobs based on your OS, edit and update them accordingly to recreate them

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
bbb123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!  I did just go through each one and add the "VMW" schema prefix where needed, I was just surprised that if VMware recommend you change the default dbo schema to VMW they don't provide the rollup scripts to go with it!

Thanks again for responding.

0 Kudos