VMware Cloud Community
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RollBack vSphere 4.1 upgrade to 4.0

All,

Today I upgraded one of my host to see how 4.1 works, we need lots of patience in upgrading the entire environment, It’s pretty cool, However as I my environment is huge I will not be able to upgrade it now.

Now I need to roll back my upgrade, does anyone as idea about this??

Regards,

Janardhan.

Regards, Jana. NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Since I don't know a rollback function, I'd say a fresh install of 4.0 could be the fastest solution.

0 Kudos
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thats is always there! I have lots of customization with powerpath and other stuff installed, So I will always try to do a rollback if we have a option otherwise!!!!!!! I am left with no other options Smiley Sad

Regards, Jana. NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
PuliSukumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Janardhan,

Rollback is possible only in the case of ESXi Installable and ESXi Embedded not in the case of Classic ESX.

Regards,

Sukumar.

0 Kudos
ceemour
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

withdrawn

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Please lets keep this clear of personal insults.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
Atmos4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@PuliSukumar: How do I downgrade ESXi 4.1 to 4.0?

0 Kudos
LucasAlbers
Expert
Expert

try booting from the prior version. To do that, press SHIFT-R at the Loading VMware Hypervisor screen

0 Kudos
Atmos4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sadly that only gave me the choice to revert to 4.1.0, which I'm already running. Probably because I installed HP CIM and NMI updates after upgrade to 4.1.0.

0 Kudos
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

this feature is withdrawn Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
JefferyCheong
Contributor
Contributor

woops... didn't read previous messages

0 Kudos