VMware Cloud Community
Isgren
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Regarding upgrade of license keys from Essentials plus 4.1 to Essentials plus 5.1

Hi,

We are running Essential plus with 2 hosts and one instance of vcenter server it is version 4.1. We have an active SnS contract so from what i understand we can do the upgrade for free.

I am just wondering we are planning on doing the actual upgrade in about a month or two. Can i do the upgrade of the license keys now ? and my old licensekeys i have now will still work fine in our production environment? or do i have to upgrade on the vcenter server and the hosts first and then go ahead and do the upgrade of the license keys in mywmare.com ?

just dont wanna do the upgrade now of the keys and it will mess up our current keys.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

From a technical point of view, it dosen't matter when you upgrade the keys (the current keys will continue to work). It's more the EULA which dictates it. Basically you have to ensure that you don't use the keys simultaneously. Usually you'd upgrade the keys at the time - or shortl before - you do the upgrade of vCenter Server and the hosts.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

From a technical point of view, it dosen't matter when you upgrade the keys (the current keys will continue to work). It's more the EULA which dictates it. Basically you have to ensure that you don't use the keys simultaneously. Usually you'd upgrade the keys at the time - or shortl before - you do the upgrade of vCenter Server and the hosts.

André

0 Kudos
Isgren
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay thank you for that information, then we will do the upgrade of the keys at the same time when we are upgrading the hosts and the vcenter server.

0 Kudos