VMware Cloud Community
Beelzebarb
Contributor
Contributor

Realtek RTL-8100/8101L/8139 Driver for VMWare ESXi (Says no NIC cards were found during install)

Hello, all, i've tried for the last few days to find a driver i can put into the vmware esxi i want to use, but no matter what i can't find a driver that will work, realtek's website is useless in this effort and i'm at a loss as to what to do, getting a new NIC card is not an option also.

If anyone knows where i can find the .vib file for my NIC or has another suggestion, please any help would be appreciated.

Also i do have a motherboard NIC but it is dead and has not worked in a very long time (thus why i have the card)

- Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vuzzini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Beelzebarb,

Welcome to VMware community.

Realtek RTL-81xx series network cards are not supported with VMware ESXi as per VMware HCL (VMware Compatibility Guide: I/O Device Search). The drivers for these cards will not be available from VMware as the network card is not supported.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Sandeep Vuzzini Sr. DevOps Engineer
0 Kudos
meda1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos