VMware Cloud Community
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

Realtek 8168 inbox drivers

Hello Gentlemen;

I have 2 ESXi servers. Each server has 2 nics, one of the add-in and other one is onboard nic. All 4 nics are Realtek 8168.

A couple of days ago I've upgraded my ESXi 5.0 servers to ESXi 5.1 and noticed that add-in Realtek 8168 nics are not functioning on ESXi 5.1 although they were working on ESXi 5.0 properly.

I contacted with Realted and informed that inbox drivers of ESXi 5.1 are not compatible with Realtek 8168 add-in nic.

So I need to use previous (ESXi 5.0) inbox drivers of nics on ESXi 5.1. But I don't know how to do that. I need to your help. Is there anyone who can explain me how to accomplish it?

Regards

Tirelibirefe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markpattersones
Contributor
Contributor

Theres something wrong with the compatibility list. There is a space between Quanta Computer Inc and SGI with no option for Realtek?!?!

FYI I have a Realtek 8168 add in NIC running fine in 5.1.

I'd try their suggestion. These are the wonderful problems we create for ourself when we gamble violating the HCL...

0 Kudos
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not the only one who faced with the same problem. Pls check the following page:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/2141809#2141809

0 Kudos
markpattersones
Contributor
Contributor

My apologies I made a mistake my 8168 is built-in and working fine. My 8169 add in card is working fine.

0 Kudos