VMware Cloud Community
idontneedacommu
Contributor
Contributor

Questions about the upgrade path and the Interoperability Matrixes

Hello.

We're going to plan upgrading our vSphere cluster to 6.0. We're coming from Version 5.1.0 Build 2306353. When I'm right, this should be 5.1 U3.

I took a look in the VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes an found that there is no information about an upgrade from VMware ESX/ESXi 5.1 U3 -> 6.0. Does this mean, the upgrade from 5.1 U3 to 6.0 isn't possible or does it mean, that it isn't tested, yet?

The VMware vCenter Server 5.1 U3 is pointed out to be compatible with the new verstion 6.0.

Could anyone tell us wether it is possible to upgrade ESXi 5.1 U3 to 6.0 or not?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexTopuzov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello.

I would recommend that you have a look at the following topics from the vSphere 6.0 documentation:

I hope you can answer your questions using the links above.

Alex

0 Kudos
akodenkiri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Please check the VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes now, which is updated with ESXi 5.1U3 to ESXi 6.0  support.

-Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards ak
RAMESA
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have attached screenshot which shows there is support for upgrade from 5.0 release.

Regards,

Ramesh

Regards, Ramesh
idontneedacommu
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, question answered.

Thank you!

0 Kudos