VMware Cloud Community
jfoutwest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ProxySvc'] SSL Handshake failed for stream

Built a new vCenter Appliance 5.5u3 to replace a vCenter 5.5u2 Windows server which managed two existing ESXi 5.5u2 hosts

Used the default internally signed certificates.

Seeing the following warnings in the vpxd.log

2016-02-04T00:37:39.789Z [7F33B1A24700 warning 'ProxySvc'] SSL Handshake failed for stream <io_obj p:0x00007f33a40d5550, h:93, <TCP 'x.x.x.x:443'>, <TCP 'x.x.x.x:51555'>>, error: N7Vmacore3Ssl12SSLExceptionE(SSL Exception: error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate unknown)

Will patching/upgrading these ESXi hosts to u3 mitigate these warnings? Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi jfoutwest,

Just wondering if you are still able to login to vCenter and can see the hosts after the upgrade/update? I'm suspecting not - I'd also take a look at this article to see if it is similar to what you are seeing: VMware KB: After upgrading to vCenter Server 5.5 Update 1, logging in to vCenter Server reports the ...

Kind regards.

jfoutwest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I am still able to log into vCenter and see the hosts. I built a new vCenter Appliance and joined the two existing ESXi hosts to this vCenter. I reviewed KB (2074942) and this is specific to a vCenter on a Windows host. Should I regenerate the certificate through the VCSA admin console? Thanks for your direction.

0 Kudos