VMware Cloud Community
Liorab
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem when install vmware client 5.0 on win7 32

Hello'

When I try to install the client , nothing happend, I can find a msiexec as a process but nothing happand.

an any one have aon idea?

Liora

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When you say "nothing happens" there might be an issue with other processes running on your system. Please verify whether "fixcamera.exe" is running and kill this process, then retry the vSphere Client installation.

André.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

IS the VMware Tools installation CD getting mounted, if yes, did you try to run as an administrator?

VCP-DCV, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCD, VSP, VTSP
0 Kudos
Liorab
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes we try everything , nothng happend

I attached the microsoft program list that install on my computer

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you have a dotnet version 4 try to remove it and install 3.5 and give a try..

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try removing .NET 4.0 version and install NET 3.5 SP1 which is supported in installation

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
Liorab
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

I unistall framework 4.0 and download framework 3.5 sp1 from microsoft , but when I try to intall I receive a message:

open "windows on and off feature" from control panel  to intall or configure  frame work 3.5.

I did it and saw that the squre near framework 3.5.1 is mark , I try to uncheck and then checkk it again .

I run windows 7 proffesional what should I do?

Liora

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its silly to ask this question but Have you restarted you machine to take the registry effect

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
Liorab
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes , after uninstalled framework 4.0 I did restart,

After uncheck the framework 2.5 from the "windows on off feature" I did restart

Liora

0 Kudos
Liorab
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I Intall the client on other computer ' and it work OK

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When you say "nothing happens" there might be an issue with other processes running on your system. Please verify whether "fixcamera.exe" is running and kill this process, then retry the vSphere Client installation.

André.

0 Kudos
Liorab
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks very much it's work .

What is this process "fixcamera"?

LioraSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You are welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Fixcamera.exe seems to get installed with some webcam software. I can't tell you exactly why the install doesn't run if this process is active (I didn't have the chance to verify this yet) but I could think of somedll and/or base address conflicts etc.

André

0 Kudos