VMware Cloud Community
handsy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Patches question ....after Host Upgrade to 6.5U1

So I'm in the middle of updating my HPE hosts from 6.0U3 to 6.5U1.

It's going well but I have a question....after Host Upgrade, I re-scan the host to see what patches need applying (see image):

patches.jpg

These are the few it thinks are now missing.

My question is "what on earth is that patch in the centre of the screen capture (VMware ESXi 6.5 Complete Update 1)?".

Surely I've just updated to 6.5U1 ??? .....so what's that?

Thanks

5 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello handsy,

if you/it thinks an ESXi version/build update did not complete, can easily verify the current build under Host > Summary > configuration Profile > Image Profile:

pastedImage_0.png

Or you can SSH to a host and use:

# vmware -vl

Bob

0 Kudos
handsy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. My config section for my hosts clearly shows that the 'Host Upgrade' process was a success using VUM:

config.jpg

I also ran the command:

[root@esxi02:~] vmware -vl

VMware ESXi 6.5.0 build-5969303

VMware ESXi 6.5.0 Update 1

...so why is VUM wanting me to run that patch still?

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

It might be an old bug

See release notes VMware vSphere Update Manager 6.5 Update 1 Release Notes

When you stage a baseline that contains multiple bulletins, some bulletins might be shown as missing

After the successful staging of a baseline that contains multiple bulletins, some bulletins might be shown as Staged and others as Missing. For more information, see After you stage a baseline, a bulletin might be shown as Missing instead of Staged (KB 1018530).

Can you try a workaround from the KB?

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would recommend to not to install these VIBs (ixbgen specially) as there's ongoing issue with HP servers with 6.5 U1. Please refer to Update manager still shows 6.5 Update 1 needed even though host is running 6.5 U1 installed from HPE...

handsy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks @vijayrana968 ...looks like that is my exact issue.

I will keep an eye on that post to see if HPE release a second 6.5U1 ISO that resolves the issue they seem to have caused.