VMware Cloud Community
spmfarmer
Contributor
Contributor

No VCSA folder on any iso that I downoaded when evaluating VMSphere Enterprise Plus?

I have downoaded a the various iso disks that are available for evaluation purposes.

I built the ESXI server,and setup the Webspere cient on another computer to access it.

I created a few VM machines, and made one to be a VCenter server.

When I instaled the vCenter Server, the documentation shows a vcsa folder on the iso. None of my iso images have that folder.

I can install the vCenter server, but cannot create any templates, or access the EXi server.

I am probably missing something, so if you have any tips, Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think you are mixing two things here. you have windows based installer for vCenter server and you are trying to follow installation steps guide for VCSA.

VCSA - vCenter server virtual appliance, this is a linux based appliance, to deploy that you need an esxi 5.0 or later host ready, and there's an ISO file for VCSA deployment that you will have to download, open that ISO file on one of the windows machine, and follow the documentation which you are following to deploy vCenter Virtual Appliance VM out of it.

another way is. prepare a VM with Windows Guest OS, let's say you have installed windows server 2008 R2, and now you are using Windows based vCenter server installer, that's where you will find autorun.exe in ISO file, just execute it and run through installation.

Please take a look into following guide

this will give you step by step instructions with some screenshots to deploy windows based vCenter server or Linux Based appliance

https://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-vcenter-server6-deployment-guide.pdf

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
spmfarmer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

I will read through the pdf and see where I went wrong.

0 Kudos