VMware Cloud Community
ChrisStanford
Contributor
Contributor

Network issues after upgrade to 6.5

I recently upgraded my environment to 6.5 from 5.5.  After a few hiccups related to non-standard ports, I was able to deploy the VCSA and subsequently upgrade my hosts.  Now I am seeing some unusual network behavior.  I was upgrading to distributed virtual switches over the standard switches.  When I would perform the changeover, I noticed the ping time from any of my hosted nodes increased significantly.  Average times went from .3ms to over 1.5ms.  Swapping back to the standard switch resulted in the lower ping times I expected.  Any hints to help me troubleshoot this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Please see the known issues under the product documentation link below, could be that the issue you have described is already known:

VMware vSphere 6.5 Release Notes

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
Punitsolanki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you have upgraded the host also, please verify if you are running on supported nic driver/FW.

Punit Solanki psolanki@vmware.com
0 Kudos
vasan22in
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could you please share you standard and distributed switch configuration details. If possible share the screen shots.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Thanks, Srini
0 Kudos