VMware Cloud Community
jlaco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Need download of esx 4 U1 and vCenter 4 for testing upgrade from esx 4 U1 to esxi 5

Hello.  I will be upgrading a Vmware environment from ESX 4 U1 and vCenter 4 to ESXi 5 in a couple weeks and wanted to run through an upgrade in my lab before hand.  I don't have the ESX 4 U1\vCenter 4 install media so I went to download it from Vmware but it said....

Sorry, at the moment you are not authorized to download VMware ESX 4 Update 1. You have the following options:

• If you have a valid serial number of VMware ESX 4 Update 1 and you have not registered it, please register it here, so you can get download access.

• If you want to get more information about VMware ESX 4 Update 1, please contact the VMware Sales department per email or telephone 1-877-4-VMWARE.

I've sent an email and left a vm as directed above but haven't heard anything.  Is there any other way for me to download this older version of ESX for my testing scenario?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you use the credential for the VMware account to which the current licenses have been registered?

André

0 Kudos
nkrishnan
Expert
Expert

If your looking for upgrade the environment from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.0 (ESX and vCenter server), download the ISO and vcenterserver from Free download page of vSphere and test it.

Refer URL http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/mid-size-and-enterprise-business/overview.html

Thanks

Nithin

--Nithin
0 Kudos