VMware Cloud Community
trink408
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Missing Performance History after moving vcenter database

I recently moved our remote vcenter SQL database to a new server. The process of moving the SQL database went fine. After I moved the database I update the DSN on the Vcenter server, and the connection tested successfully.

I thought everything was fine, until I was trying to look through some performance stats and noticed that I didn't have any new history. I can see all the stats from before I moved the database, and I can see real time stats, but I don't see anything recorded in the day or week views since moving the database. It's almost like it's not writing the statistics into the database. I attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

One note, I moved the 2005 SQL express database to a 2008 R2 SQL server. After attaching on the new server I changed the compatibility from 2005 to 2008. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

Thanks for any suggestions

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Check SQL Server Agent Jobs & state Windows service SQL Server Agent (should be started).

Take a look for details at vmware kb Updating rollup jobs after the error: Performance data is currently not available for this entity

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Check SQL Server Agent Jobs & state Windows service SQL Server Agent (should be started).

Take a look for details at vmware kb Updating rollup jobs after the error: Performance data is currently not available for this entity

0 Kudos
trink408
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the link, that did the trick!  The SQL server agent jobs were missing...

Thanks again

Kevin

0 Kudos