VMware Cloud Community
eric_silberberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Looking for HPE 6.7u3 March 2020 iso

I'm looking for the prior HPE custom image.https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI67U3-HPE&productId=742 gives me the October 2020. 

I need it for 2 reasons. Generally speaking we want the N-1 version. But we are just starting to test update manager and I would like to simulate starting in March + patches and can't find it.

Anyone have a valid repeatable download link to acquire VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-Update3-15160138-HPE-Gen9plus-670.U3.10.5.5.25-Mar2020.iso

The my vmware version doesn't seem to have a prior versions option, nor can I find an HPE link to the October one with a 'Revision History' tab.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @eric_silberberg ,

These custom images are released by OEM vendors. OEM vendors mainly release custom images for major updates, releases and not for all patches. For certain patches/updates, you still have to update using the VMware native patch downloads on top of OEM images.

Please refer this blog for more about these images --> Applying latest ESXi patches to OEM custom images  

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @eric_silberberg ,

These custom images are released by OEM vendors. OEM vendors mainly release custom images for major updates, releases and not for all patches. For certain patches/updates, you still have to update using the VMware native patch downloads on top of OEM images.

Please refer this blog for more about these images --> Applying latest ESXi patches to OEM custom images  

Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos