VMware Cloud Community
jstrowe
Contributor
Contributor

License upgrade vsphere 4 to 5, anyone having issues with the Portal

I've been waiting since Sunday for updated keys for my Vsphere 4 to 5 upgrade.  VMware's support acknowledged, "oh yes" we are having issues.

Has anyone else run into web errors trying to update your keys where i get (and the vmware rep got from the license site) error message as "Unable to complete Your Request".

This seems like it would be universal.  Do I have any company of those who are trying to do an upgrade and the vmware license server isn't working right.  The funny thing is I also have a vsphere standard that upgraded right away, it's only vsphere enterprise that choked and died.

Well on the bright side, I have 56 days for them to get it right.  Quite disappointing vmware, this is a fundamental function.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert

You are not a lone, if you do a quick search on the forum you will fine a few. Here is the KB 2018716

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=201871...

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
jstrowe
Contributor
Contributor

Thats funny since I had to "press" the rep pretty hard to get an acknowledgment to my question of: "I assume this affects a LOT of other customers?".  I got a very grudging "yes".

I've had too many experiences with more than just vmware of companies hiding the fact that a particular "issue" was more than just me the humble end user.  I had expected Vmware to be a bit more on their game.  I guess they are just another vendor after all.

Great answer, I needed some humor (and a fellow sufferer)

0 Kudos
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert

That is too funny... So do I get the points? ... j/k  sorry you have this inconvenience.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
jstrowe
Contributor
Contributor

Here we are one week later.  Vmware seems unable to fix their license portal.  I keep getting responses from tech support like this:

-----------------

Hi Jim

This is to inform you that, I am still working with my internal data base team to fix the issue and will provide you an update in next 48 hours.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

--------------------

It's amusing now, if this keeps up though the inability of vmware to fix THEIR OWN LICENSE SERVER will get progressively less amusing.  If my evaluation runs out in ...hmmm 49 days now..... that will be even less amusing.

--------------------

I'm still being polite but this is a fundamental problem, why can't vmware fix it?   Does vmware monitor this forum, I'd think the fact that other people are having this issue would be making it a higher priority then it is.

One week... you have to be kidding.

0 Kudos
jstrowe
Contributor
Contributor

LOL, how do I give you the points.

0 Kudos