VMware Cloud Community
Keithbetts
Contributor
Contributor

Iscsi problems

Hi all,

I am a bit confused at the moment, try to configure 3 hosts using VSphere enterprise plus and an IBM DS3300 with Iscsi.

The DS3300 has 2 dedicate Iscsi controllers each with 2 ports, the 3 hosts have Qlogic HBAs (single port 4050c). I want to configure each host to have access the Luns on the DS3300 via all 4 ports for load balancing and failover.

The problem I have is when setting the iscsi target on the hosts HBA within vmware. The first connection is fine I set the dynamic target and it pops up in static and the luns are viewable but when trying setup the other 3 targets in the same way the connection doesnot show under static and when trying to add the second connection manually into static I receive the error "No such static target found".

This isnt down to only one port working because if I remove the link and enter any one of the other ips it connects correctly, but the other 3 will not connect at the same time. I have already been through confirming the firmware on all of the controllers, enclosures etc but nothing as yet has made any difference.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies