VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Install SSO Oracle Database

Hello,

i wan´t to install a fresh vCenter installation for testing purpose.

But i have an issue during the SSO installation. We are using a Oracle DB. DB is created with the Database Shema Script rsaIMSLiteOracleSetupTablespaces.sql.

User as well.

The user are sysdba on that database. But during the setup, i get the error message "Error 29115 cannot authenticate to db"

I check the logfiles an see two error.

First, located in the vm-sso-javalib.log:

Running Sql Statement from sql file rsaIMSLiteOracleDropUsers.sql
Query which is going to be executed :    DROP USER RSA_DBA CASCADE   
Query which is going to be executed :    DROP USER RSA_USER CASCADE   
Failed to format the Database java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01940: cannot drop a user that is currently connected

Question 1: Why is the installer drop the created user??

And the second located in the vminst.log

RunSSOCommand:: error code returned is 15 while launching C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\SSOServer\utils\rsautil.cmd
Posting error message 29115

I did not found any answers. We double check the db and i don´t know what to do next.

We have an production environment running with an oracle db without having that issue during the installation.

Any help will be very appreciated

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vCenter™ to vSphere Upgrade & Install

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Yesterday, i do some more testing but did not found an answer.

Anybody an idea?

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos