VMware Cloud Community
jaguar2021
Contributor
Contributor

I need to install ESxi and Vcenter into a new Dell poweredge server?

I need to install ESxi and Vcenter into a new Dell poweredge server? what are the steps I need to follow?

I need to know previous steps I need to do on my server?

Installation, of ESXi,and Vcenter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The basic steps are:

1. Verify compatibility, i.e. that the server model, and components are supported for the ESXi version you are going to install
  2. Upgrade iDRAC, BIOS, firmware ...
  3. Create DNS records for the ESXi host, and the vCenter Server. Remember to create Host-A (forward), and PTR (reverse) entries for vCenter Server!
  4. Install ESXi using the Dell customized installation image
  5. Configure settings, like networking (IP, subnet, gateway, DNS, vSwitches, Portgroups, ...), NTP, Datastores, etc.
  6. Deploy the vCenter Server Appliance on the ESXi host (Hint: Don't deploy the vCSA as "Tiny", but select at least "Small" in the deployment wizard)

For further details, please see the documentation.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported to moderators, this is a general vSphere question and nothing to do with the Converter SDK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jaguar2021
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Andre

0 Kudos