VMware Cloud Community
GALVAX
Contributor
Contributor

Hypervisor crash after last update(Build 6765664)

Hi,

HP microserver Gen8, esxi on flash.

After update from ESXi-6.5.0-20170702001-standard (Build 5969303) to  ESXi-6.5.0-20171004001-standard (Build 6765664).

esxi crash.png

Looking for help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

Hello!

If this happened with only one host, I suppose it's a broken flash device.

Otherwise you should start with updation BIOS on your server if it's not up to date.

0 Kudos
GALVAX
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Flash drive is really OK. HP BIOS last. Shift+R:"There is no alternate hypervisor to roll back".

Please help.

0 Kudos
Nick_Andreev
Expert
Expert

Did you check in VMware Compatibility Guide that your server and firmware version are supported?

---
If you found my answers helpful please consider marking them as helpful or correct.
VCIX-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCAP-CMA | vExpert '16, '17, '18
Blog: http://niktips.wordpress.com | Twitter: @nick_andreev_au
0 Kudos
GALVAXX
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, server is compatible - HP MicroServer Gen8 E3-1220Lv2, 16gb

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

1-Recovery Mode - Press Shift and R at ESXi Boot, if you have ever upgraded ESXi, you will be able to rollback, to the previous version, and the upgrade again.

2- Re-install ESXi. When re-installing, it will discover the older installation, and ask to upgrade or re-install, if you perform a re-install it will discover the existing VMFS partition, and ask you if you want to PRESERVE, select YES, and this will keep all your VMs, and then later at power on, just re-register the VMs with Inventory, which is browse the datastore, browse the folder, select the VMX file, Right Click and select Register VM

0 Kudos
Nick_Andreev
Expert
Expert

Did you check that the firmware version is supported as well?

---
If you found my answers helpful please consider marking them as helpful or correct.
VCIX-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCAP-CMA | vExpert '16, '17, '18
Blog: http://niktips.wordpress.com | Twitter: @nick_andreev_au
0 Kudos