VMware Cloud Community
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

How to upgrade VI3 Foundation kit to vSphere ????

I have VI3 Foundation kit for 6 CPU & planning to install on 3 blade server of CPU each (Didn't installed yet)

Now I wanted to upgrade it with vSphere with the VI3 foundation license, is it possible ???, If then how ?

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong on VI3 & vSphere:

In VI3 these are the feature avaailable:

1.>VI Client

2.>vCenter Server 2.5 update 4

3.>ESX 3.5 or ESX 3.5i

Now open VI client, connect vCenter server & then you can connect or add as many ESX or ESXi server you want.

In vSphere Server these are the feature:

1.>vSphere client 4

2.>vCenter server

3.>ESX 4 or ESX4 i

Now open vPhere client, connect vCenter server & then you can connect or add as many ESX or ESXi server you want.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Someone please help me into this.

Regards,

Rashid

0 Kudos
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyone who can help me out????

Regards,

Rashid

0 Kudos
andosm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

if you had VI3 Foundation Acceleration Kit that means that you had three licenses of ESX Foundation and one Virtual Center Foundation (limited to 3 hosts). With VMware vSphere your three ESX licenses are automatically mapped to six ESX Standard processor licenses, which means you have HA and Thin Provisioning for FREE Smiley Happy Remember: you are still limited to three hosts and two processors per host. Your Virtual Center Foundation license is mapped to vCenter Server 4.0 license.

Now you can use VI3 licenses OR vSphere licenses.

The only thing you have to do to get vSphere licenses is to log in to vSphere License Portal.

Detailed info about upgrading licenses is here:

--

Pozdrawiam/Best Regards

Andrzej

Pozdrawiam/Best Regards Andrzej
0 Kudos