VMware Cloud Community
vilkasimov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to determine Linked Clones ?

Hello. Please tell me how to identify a linked clone virtual machine. Before upgrading vsphere to version 6.0 U3h from version 6.0, the linked clone virtual machine could be easily identified, it was enough to look in vsphere console for the value of not-shared storage, it differed from the value of Used Storage, as in the screenshot below:

1.PNG

But after upgrading to version 6.0 U3h from version 6.0, these values ​​become the same. But I know for sure that this virtual machine is linked clone:

2.PNG

What could be the reason? Is this a mistake or should it be now? I am confused.

Perhaps LucD can help in this matter? I hope to help any member of the community! Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Does the method in Listing all linked clones on your vCenter Server still work?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Does the method in Listing all linked clones on your vCenter Server still work?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos
vilkasimov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello LucD. Thanks for the link. Yes, this method still works. I received a list of virtual machines. Smiley Happy Perhaps there is a way, how we can quickly distinguish a regular virtual machine from a linked clone virtual machine through a client? Or maybe there is a script that indicates this is a regular virtual machine or linked clone virtual machine. :smileyconfused:

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Afaik, in the Web Client there is nothing that would indicate a LC.

Not sure what you mean by script?

That script is the one I linked to.
Or do you mean something else?

0 Kudos