Contributor
Contributor

How to configure vcenter 6.7 using oracle database insted of embedded database?

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have installed a vcenter 6.7 , now I want to change it's database to oracle. What should I do?

I have done this in vcenter 5.5, by login to http://vcenter_ip:5480 (VMware vCenter Server Appliance).In this page I can change the database from embedded to a oracle database.But in vcenter 6.7, I can not find a way to do this.

QQ截图20201112184119.png

I have read the office doc ( https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vcenter.install.doc/GUID-592AFD76-A85E-46FE... ) about using oracle, but in my environment I cant use ODBC ,it not works for me.

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

I found a way to work out my problem:

Install oracle database on a centos server, and install vcenter service 6.7(rather than vcenter service application 6.7) on a windows server 2012.With a ODBC on the windows server,the vcenter service can successfully connect to the oracle database.

This approach works.Thanks all the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Immortal
Immortal

You can't, it doesn't support external databases any longer. That's good thing.

0 Kudos

Since vSphere 6.5 vSphere only uses vPostgress and nothing more than vPostgress. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I found a way to work out my problem:

Install oracle database on a centos server, and install vcenter service 6.7(rather than vcenter service application 6.7) on a windows server 2012.With a ODBC on the windows server,the vcenter service can successfully connect to the oracle database.

This approach works.Thanks all the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I found a way to work out my problem.Thanks all the same.

0 Kudos

Please note this is not supported by VMware and if you were to need support from GSS you won't get it since your implementation is outside support.