VMware Cloud Community
Ahmed0Afify
Contributor
Contributor

Help Upgrading vCenter 6.7 To vCenter 7

Hello Dear Community ,

i have vcenter 6.7 installed on

• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)

i need help to upgrade to vcenter 7

i have installed already vcenter 7 it has his own appliance

• VMware Photon OS (64-bit)

i have 20 host and 115 VM running so please i need ur help guys

thanks

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Upgrade & Install area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What help do you need exactly?

You've deployed a new VCSA 7 appliance and now you want to migrate your hosts and VMs across to it?

Are you also upgrading your hosts? (on the same or new hardware)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Ahmed0Afify
Contributor
Contributor

hello dear scott28tt

hope you are doing well

i need help to upgrade my vcenter 6.7 installed on windows server 2008 r2 to my new vcenter 7 appliance which installed on its photon os

yes i want to upgrade all hosts and vms on the same hardware

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This blog post should help: vSphere 7.0 Migration Process with Screenshots

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Than you do misunderstood something.  You dont have to do a separate VCSA 7.0 installation when you want to migrate your existing vCenter.  The VCSA comes with a migration wizard and its "one" step  and at the end you have a VCSA with the inventory of the old vCenter. The old vCenter is automaticly shutdown during the migration.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos